This week is Thanksgiving so I thought I’d list ten things I’m thankful for:
1. Having the opportunity to stay home with my kids. It all started when Jr was one. It just made more sense for us and while it isn’t always easy I find comfort in knowing that I’m always available for them. I stay very involved and after attending both holiday class parties today and walking back and forth between both classes I’m extra thankful tonight that while it’s almost always crazy I’m happier there than not being there at all.
2. My husband. He drives me crazy! We’re seriously like brother and sister and push each others buttons over & over again. Laughing each & every time. I mean think about it we’ve been together since we were 14, now 28!But he works so hard and still makes sure he’s as involved as he can be in our children’s lives when he’s not working. He makes it all work and we really do work good together. Even if we’re calling each other names while running out the door to the next sport or party.
3. Our home. While we don’t own it it’s ours and it works for us. I love my space here. I love the kids rooms here. The neighborhood is great and I just can’t imagine us being anywhere else. One day I’m sure but for now this is HOME.
4. Family. The family involved in our lives.
5. Coffee. I’ve been drinking coffee for years. It’s the first thing I do in the morning and often how I unwind at night. It’s like my thing. My time. Leave me alone while I drink my coffee : )
6. The gym! 14lbs lighter and I feel amazing! I’m thankful I get to do this. It helps keep me moving. Gives me that alone time when I need a break and often is a pick me up for when I’m feeling down.
7. Social media. Think you what you may but I’ve met a lot of people through Instagram and blogging mainly and I love those ladies. I love seeing things through others eyes in different states etc. I love sharing experiences with them and following along with them. Long distance friendships minus the phone calls and just sharing more pics : ) my husband often talks about how our children need to explore and move out of state come time for college. And it’s true. Meet people and explore new places. Find your place in the world. I wish I could travel more. I don’t think the whole me has been found and I’m not sure it’s going to be found in Maryland.
8. Food. I love food. It is Thanksgiving week right? Mmm what are you eating on Thursday?
9. Friends. My chosen family. Each of my friends bring something different to the table and I treasure that. I have similarities and differences with them all. We are all so different yet they’re there for me and I will always be there for them.
10. My children! My world! The two things I’m most thankful for on this earth! I swear I was meant to be a mom. And honestly was never that girl that thought about having kids. Until it happened. They bring out the best in me. I want to teach them about the world and watch them as they grow. I want to always be there for them when they need me and I will always make sure to try my hardest when it comes to helping them along the way. I hope my son still gives me bear hugs kisses when he’s grown. I hope my daughter calls me everyday even when she’s married. I pray that the bond we have now while they are young stays even after they start their own families. And maybe things we do now they will pass on to their kids. I hope that when they’re all grown up they look back and love this life were living now and they’re happy with everything we did as parents. Everything we do is for them.